- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 small carrots – cut into match sized pieces
- 200 g diced potato
- 1/2 dozen sliced button mushrooms
- 200 g cubed boneless chicken
- 1 fresh green chilli
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- 600 ml water
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 200 g egg noodles
- 1 handful roughly cut green spinach
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lime – juiced
- 1 spring onion – stalk chopped
This Tibetan thukpa is a truly delightful soup for any occasion. Whether sick or well, happy or in need of cheer, thukpa has your back with its comforting warmth and familiarity.
- A somewhat recent study has shown that button mushrooms can prevent multiple heart diseases. One of the major risks leading to heart disease is at herogenesis, in which plaque forms on the arterial walls. Button mushrooms can reduce inflammation in the arterial cells, and even prevent white blood cells from getting stuck to arterial walls. Down with the cold? Pack some healthy soup to have on the go and give your body much-needed nourishment.
How to make Thukpa
There you have it! A simple recipe to delight your tastebuds for years to come. Thukpa is sure to become a favorite in any household. Make sure you save some for tomorrow in a tiffin lunch bag, before it’s all gone!