- Dry roast the flour until an aroma begins to permeate the air.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Add roasted thinai flour, rice flour and salt in a small bowl.
- Boil 1½ cup of water.
- Remove from the flame.
- Slowly add water to the flour mixture.
- Mix using a wooden spatula so that it forms a soft dough.
- Add small portion of dough in the idiyappam press.
- Press the dough into the greased idli plate using circular motions.
- Steam for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Remove from the plate and serve hot.
Packing this for office? Make sure you carry it in an insulated tiffin box.
Millet is one of the most important crops in Africa and Asia because of its ability to survive tough conditions.