Manti ( Turkish Ravioli with Yogurt Sauce)
How to make Manti(Turkish Ravioli with Yogurt Sauce)
- Add and mix well the flour, salt, eggs, water in a bowl to form a soft dough. Cover the bowl and set it aside for 25 minutes.
- Shred onions in a small bowl, add onion, beef, pepper and miss thoroughly until it is well mashed.
- Split dough into 2 parts, cover first part and roll the other into thin rectangular shape. Cut into 2-inches with your knife.
- Insert the meat filling in the center of each square, seal the opening of the dough, sprinkle more flour, and repeat the process until all the dough is turned to Manti.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add red pepper and let it simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in minced garlic, yogurt, and set it aside.
- Cook the Manti in a salted water for 20 minutes or until the dough becomes tender. Drain the Manti and place it in 4 different plates.
- Spoon the yogurt sauce and the hot pepper oil on it and serve at once.
Indians have been enjoying yogurt for 5,000 years but its first commercial brand, Frogurt, hit New England in 1972. It was then served and enjoyed as ice cream.