Creamy Italian White Bean Soup
medium yellow onion, diced
salt to taste
freshly grounded black pepper to taste
medium cloves garlic (minced)
cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
low-sodium vegetable broth
fresh rosemary (chopped)
heavy whipping cream
additional olive oil to garnish
fresh chopped rosemary to garnish
How to Make Creamy Italian White Bean Soup
- Heat olive oil in a medium sized saucepan over low flame and add onions along with ¼ teaspoon of salt. Sauté the onions for 10 minutes or until they are soft and translucent.
- Add garlic in the saucepan and sauté it for 1 minute.
- Add 2 cans of cannellini beans, rosemary and vegetable broth in the saucepan, increase the heat and bring it to boil. Once boiled, reduce the heat and let the soup simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove and allow it to cool. Pour the soup in a blender and make a puree out of it by blending it completely.
- Transfer the puree back into the saucepan and put it on the stove over medium-low flame.
- Add two cans of cannellini beans and heavy whipping cream into the saucepan. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper, stir and top with fresh rosemary and olive oil.
- Cannellini beans are traditional Italian beans but were originally cultivated in Argentina.
People of ancient Greece used to recognize rosemary for its ability to strengthen memory and brain.