- 10 ounces of watercress with the stems removed
- 3 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1 pound of leeks with the white and light green parts attached only, they should be halved, rinsed, and thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 juice of lemon
- 2 tbsp of caviar (this is optional)
How to Make Cream of Watercress Soup
Take the remaining cream and put it in a bowl. Beat it with a whisk until soft peaks form over it. Add to its lemon juice and season it with salt and white pepper.
Pour the soup into the bowls and top it with whipped cream which has been seasoned and some caviar.
Potatoes are originally in the vegetable family but are considered grain since they have high amounts of starch present which brings them up to level with rice, pasta, and other such grains.