How to make Chilled Cantaloupe Soup
- Peel, seed, and cube cantaloupe.
- Place cantaloupe and 1/2 cup orange juice in a blender or food processor; cover, and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in lime juice, cinnamon, and remaining orange juice.
- Cover liquid mixture and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Garnish with mint if desired. Greek yogurt adds a creamy texture in addition to adding protein, making it perfect. Very refreshing fruit soup served chilled. Great for luncheons. Besides being absolutely delicious, it is so healthy and quickly made.
- The earliest archaeological evidence for the consumption of soup dates back to 6000 BC! It was hippopotamus soup. Do you suppose any mobile food trucks will bring back this retro cuisine?
- February 4th is National homemade soup day.
- You might have learned that soup isn't always served hot. In warmer climates like Spain, cold soup alternatives, like tomato-based gazpacho, are popular.