Chicken Marsala Portobello Mushrooms
Portobello mushroom caps, chopped
garlic clove, diced
cup of dry Marsala wine
Black pepper to taste
salt to taste
boneless chicken breasts, skinned and pounded to ½ inch thickness
How to Make Chicken Marsala Portobello Mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to about 360 degree F.
- In a skillet, add 5 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Bring them to a medium heat.
- Add mushroom slices in the skillet and cook until they are tender.
- Remove the skillet and set is aside to cool at room temperature.
- In a separate saucepan, add 1 tbsp butter and 1tbsp olive oil at medium high heat. Add garlic and cook until they are tender.
- Gradually pour 1 tbsp flour and cook the resulting mixture for one minute, making sure to stir.
- Add the beef broth, Marsala and sauce. Mix them well and bring the heat to a high.
- Season the sauce with ½ tbsp salt and ¼ tbsp pepper. When the sauce begins to boil, reduce the heat to low.
- Add in the cooked mushrooms to the mixture.
- Season the dredged chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken for 2 minutes until they are browned. Arrange them in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Cover the chicken with sauce and mushroom mixture.
- Bake the dish for about 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Chicken are the largest bird species on the planet with over 25 billion and counting
Chicken will just about anything, including seeds, insects and even mice if they end up finding them!