How to Make Basic Crepe
- In a large bowl, start whisking your eggs and flour together. Once it has mixed well, start adding milk and water, in a slow and steady stream, while you are stirring continuously. Then, you can add the salt and butter, and beat it until smooth.
- On medium high heat, place a griddle or frying pan and lightly oil it. Scoop or pour the batter onto the griddle. Make sure you are using only ¼ cup for each crepe. Start tilting the pain in circular motions so there is batter covering the entire surface of the griddle.
- Let the crepe cook for 2 minutes, until the bottom side has lightly browned. Loosen the edges with a spatula, turn it over, and cook the other side.
- Serve your crepes hot and add your favorite toppings. You can also stack the crepes up like a cake by adding layers of whipped cream, Nutella, or caramel sauce in every layer.
- March 22 is national crepe day.
- Crepes were invented by “mistake” by a fourteen-year-old waiter.
The most famous combination with crepes is strawberries and Nutella topped with powdered sugar.