Beetroot is the new superfood that’s been making waves in the health scene throughout the world. The food is very low in fat content and packs in an incredible number of antioxidants. It also helps the body absorb iron and is very rich in vitamin C. The familiar pink root is sweet in taste while the leaves (that are dark green in color) are rich in calcium, vitamin A, and iron. Since cooking the food will destroy the nutrients, it is best consumed uncooked.
You can easily add beetroot to everyday salads and foods. A glass of beetroot juice has lots of minerals and vitamins in a dense package! Always drink the juice with the pulp as it contains fiber. You can mix beetroot juice with other veggies like carrots. This will help provide additional nutrition and flavors.
Also Read: How to make Beetroot Juice
Why You Should Drink Beetroot Juice
- A combination of carrot, amla, and beetroot juice is very useful for treating anemia as it will increase the level of iron in the body.
- Beetroot juice can be mixed with pineapple and orange.
- It is best to consume beetroot juice early in the morning or one hour before breakfast.
- It will help manage blood pressure. Beetroot contains naturally occurring nitrates and thus helps to lower high blood pressure.
- Beetroot provides a glow to the skin being a blood purifier. It will help in clearing blemishes as it contains a lot of vitamin C.
- It is a natural detox agent and contains anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and detoxification properties. It helps to flush out all toxins from the body.
- It is very good for digestion as it is full of fiber and provides relief from constipation. It also helps to lower the blood glucose level.
- Beetroot can help those who suffer from diabetes.
- It increases stamina and promotes the flow of oxygen in the body.