From menstrual cramps to missed periods, period problems are very common among women. You should never take the problems lightly and should consult your doctor who will be the best judge to prescribe treatment in this regard. Here are certain Ayurvedic remedies that will help with period problems.
Ayurvedic remedies for period problems
The following are some Ayurvedic remedies to period problems. However, remember to consult with your healthcare practitioner first.
- If you suffer from the problem of heavy flow, soak China fruit in water for approximately 2 hours. Crush and squeeze out the pulp into the water. Mix some sugar and drink. It is very effective in controlling heavy menstrual bleeding.
- If you suffer from foul menstrual blood odor, this could be the result of some serious problem and should never be ignored. It could also be due to some infection in the cervix or the vagina. This problem in Ayurveda can be treated with Manjishta which helps in the purification of the blood.
- For general period problems, according to Ayurveda, cow ghee is a very effective medicine. Phala-ghrita is made with cow ghee and is very helpful in treating problems that include irregular periods.
- For Polycystic Ovarian disease, the treatment in Ayurveda is done with Aloe Vera pulp and Manjistha capsule.
- For white or yellow discharge from the vagina, Ayurveda advises consuming one or two bananas in a day. This will help to solve the problem.
- Manjistha, Aloe Vera, and Sariva are known to ease the blood flow and keep it cool.
- Ginger, pepper, cardamom, and cinnamon are used in Ayurveda to remove heaviness and blockage.
- Castor oil is used to provide relief from menstrual cramps as castor oil has heating qualities.
- If you suffer from irregular and painful periods, take a piece of fresh ginger and grind and boil it in a cup of water. Consume it three times a day after meals with some sugar.