There are some foods that are needed by women more than men do. So, the dietary plan of a woman needs the incorporation of these foods to stay healthy and fit. In comparison to men, women are more likely to develop iron deficiency diseases such as anemia. The deficiency of iron causes nausea, fatigue, dull skin, brittle nails, and dizziness. During pregnancy, lactation, menstrual periods, and most importantly, during the time of menopause extra care should be given to the diet of a woman. Crash diets also cause iron efficiency. Iron is required by the body to prepare hemoglobin in the red blood cells.
Here are some foods that should be a part of every woman’s diet.
- Spinach: Spinach is very rich in vitamin A, calcium, and potassium, as well as iron. The iron content in spinach can be absorbed easily by the body. You can eat it raw or cooked.
- Chickpeas and lentils: Chickpeas and lentils are very rich in iron. Chickpeas can be added to pasta and salads and can be consumed to make up for the iron deficiency. Lentils also have a lot of fiber which will help you to lower cholesterol and regulate blood sugar. Dal, chole or rajma chawal, served warm from a casserole tastes best !
- Egg yolks: Egg yolks are also good sources of iron.
- Green leafy vegetables: Green leafy vegetables and beans are rich in iron content. Therefore, they must be added to women’s everyday diet.
- Pumpkins: Pumpkins have a lot of iron too. Pumpkin seeds are iron boosters and can be added to bread, muffins, yogurt, and salad toppings.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice is full of vitamin C that helps the body absorb iron. Therefore, make it a habit to include vitamin C in your diet.
- Soybean: Soybean is also very rich in iron.