A hickie is an unsightly bruise and there’s nothing to worry about it. If it is tended quickly and correctly, it will go away in no time. Here are some do it yourself tricks to get rid of a hickie.
Home remedies to remove hickies
- Apply aloe vera: It is a natural moisturizer and fastens the healing process. Apply aloe vera gel on the hickie two times a day. This will soothe the area and reduce the pain.
- Use the inside of a banana peel. The inside of a banana peel helps to shrink the size of a hickie. Remove the peel from a ripened banana and place it on the hickie. Allow it to remain for half an hour. Repeat twice or thrice daily.
- Applying a warm compress: The heat treatment will allow blood to circulate. Wet a wash cloth with warm water and apply on the bruised area.
- Consume foods that have lots of vitamin K. Foods such as broccoli, brown rice, and spinach are rich in vitamin K. Add these foods in your meal or in a salad.
- Place a spoon in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Next, place the back of this spoon on the hickie. This will help to reduce the swelling.
- Apply peppermint oil on the affected area. You can also use toothpaste that contains peppermint. It removes the mark of the hickie quickly.
- Massage the affected area with warm almond oil or olive oil. This will reduce pain and swelling.
- Apply cocoa butter: Cocoa butter is a very effective healing agent. It also moisturizes the skin.
- Consume vitamin C: Vitamin C will help heal the hickie.
- Pineapple: Pineapples contain bromelain which is known to help cure bruises. It provides immediate relief from soreness and pain. Gently rub a few slices of pine apple on the hickie.