When the number of red blood cells in the body reduces to a number less than normal, the condition is called anemia. Red blood cells contain hemoglobin which is a protein that helps to carry oxygen to different parts of the body. The most common reasons that contributes to anemia is iron deficiency. You should include foods that are rich in iron to treat anemia.
Symptoms of anemia
If your skin looks dull and pale and you are always tired, it is a sign that you not only need rest but the cells in the body are not receiving enough oxygen to function properly. Here are some home remedies to treat anemia at home. However, remember to always consult your doctor first rather than attempting to treat yourself.
Home remedies for anemia
- Increase the intake of vitamin C. The deficiency of vitamin C weakens the immune system due to which the body becomes more prone to infections. Vitamin C will also promote the absorption of iron in the body. Include oranges and lemons in your diet.
- Eat green leafy vegetables. The amount of chlorophyll present in broccoli, spinach, mustard, and celery is an efficient source of iron.
- Drink pomegranate or beetroot juice. Beetroots are very rich in folic acid and pomegranates are extremely rich in iron. Both juices, if consumed regularly, may increase the energy level in the body.
- Consume water kept in copper vessels. Store water overnight in a copper vessel. Consume it in the morning.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are very rich in iron, especially black sesame seeds. Soak them in some water for 3 hours. Grind into a paste. Consume 1 tsp along with honey daily to remove the iron deficiency.
- Yogurt with turmeric: Consume yogurt twice daily to which 1 tsp of turmeric has been added.
Also Read: A Diet You Can Follow to Address Anemia