Premature greying of hair occurs when there is an imbalance in the production of the pigment melanin. Melanin is responsible for the dark color of hair. As a man ages, his hair turns grey and this is a natural process indeed but the untimely greying of hair is a sign of warning. Here are some common causes that cause grey hair.
- The consumption of an improper diet.
- The deficiency of copper, vitamin B-12, and zinc is responsible for early greying of hair. This happens because zinc, copper, and vitamin B-12 give the hair its natural color.
- Environmental conditions: pollution makes the hair strands weak which leads to grey hair.
- Smoking: Smoking leads to the decreased production of melanin which promotes the greying of hair.
- Stress, anxiety, and hypertension are the main causes that lead to the premature greying of hair.
- Thyroid imbalance: An imbalance in the thyroid hormone is known to cause premature hair greying.
Here are natural methods to prevent premature greying
- Add almonds to your diet. Almonds are very rich in vitamin E and are known to promote the health of hair.
- Consume fresh, green vegetables. Cucumber, cabbage, celery, capsicum, spinach, and other green leafy vegetables are very rich in iron and promote hair growth.
- Walnut contains biotin and prevents the premature greying of hair.
- Triphala: Drinking one glass of triphala water will make your hair strong and healthy and prevent greying.
Remedies to cure greying of hair
- Massage your hair with oil and then wash with a mixture of shikakai, shikakai powder, reetha, reetha powder, and amla powder. This will help to prevent premature hair greying.
- Make a paste of curry leaves and henna leaves. Add a few drops of hair oil and mix well. Apply all over your hair.
- Massage the scalp with amla juice, a few drops of lemon juice, and almond oil. This will prevent premature greying.