If you have little desire to eat food, the condition is called loss of appetite. There are several different factors that can result in poor appetite. If the condition continues for more than a few days, it could lead to malnutrition. Here are some methods to increase your appetite. However, remember to consult your doctor first who will be the best judge in this matter.
Tips to increase your appetite
- To make mealtimes fun, consume your food with family and friends. Eating with friends is known to increase the food consumption rate.
- You should include foods that contain more calories. To add calories to your diet, mix avocados and olive oil in salads, add peanut butter on apple slices, and cook eggs with butter. This will help to increase the total calorie intake.
- Eat small meals throughout the day at regular intervals of time. Consuming smaller meals instead of large ones will help improve the appetite.
- Add herbs and spices like black pepper, fennel, mint, cinnamon, coriander, peppermint, and ginger. These herbs and spices will make the food visually appealing. It will have a pleasant taste and smell: this will increase the appetite. These herbs will also reduce the feeling of a heavy stomach. This feeling makes you eat less.
- Increase the time duration of your exercise. Burn more calories during exercise and this will increase the appetite.
- Do not skip breakfast. If you want to increase your appetite, never skip your breakfast. This increases your appetite.
- Make snacking your habit but remember to include healthy snacks in between the meals. Do not replace your meals with snacks. Use snacks to complement the meals. Incorporate healthy snacks like fruits, cottage cheese, and Greek yogurt in your diet.