Inflammation in the joints causes arthritis. It causes pain and stiffness. The most common type of arthritis is osteoarthritis. The condition worsens with age. Another form of arthritis is rheumatoid arthritis.
Arthritis is generally treated with painkillers and anti-inflammatory medicines. These medicines have side-effects too. Here are some natural remedies that will help to provide relief from the pain caused due to arthritis. Always remember to consult your doctor before trying these remedies.
Natural remedies and tips for reducing arthritis pain
- Exercise often: Regular exercise will make the joints flexible. Do low impact exercises and avoid exercises such as running.
- Use hot and cold therapy: Cold treatments help to release joint pain and swelling.
- Wrap a gel ice pack in a towel and apply on the joints.
- Take a warm shower in the morning. This will help to remove the stiffness from the joints.
- Add turmeric to your diet. Turmeric contains curcumin which reduces the pain caused by arthritis. Curcumin has anti-inflammatory properties. Add this spice in all of your dishes.
- Shed weight: Increased body weight causes more pressure on the joints. Lose weight and it will automatically reduce stiffness and pain.
- Yoga: Yoga helps to relieve tension and inflammation. Yoga is also beneficial in improving the overall quality of life.
- Meditation: Use meditation to cope up with the pain caused by arthritis. Meditation helps you to experience relief from painful joints.
- Aromatherapy: Essential oils can be added to massage oils which will help to boost your mood. Always do a patch test before using them. Do not apply essential oils on broken or damaged skin.
- Deep breathing: Deep breathing will keep the mind calm and it helps to take the thoughts away from the pain caused by arthritis.