Yeast infection is a fungal infection and mostly occurs in the genital area. It causes discharge, pain, and itching. Women are more susceptible to genital yeast infections. In this article, we will explore some home remedies to treat yeast infection. However, we strongly recommend that you consult your doctor before starting treatment at home. Your doctor will be the best person to guide you.
Home Remedies to Treat Yeast Infection
- Boric acid: Vaginal boric acid capsule can be used to treat yeast infection in women.
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil has anti-fungal properties and kills yeast and fungi. Women experienced relief diluted tea tree oil was added to a tampon and inserted into the vagina. However, some people are sensitive to tea tree oil and should always consult their doctor before using it. Tea tree oil is an essential oil and should be mixed with a carrier oil such as coconut oil.
- Natural yogurt: Many people experience relief when they consume yogurt and inserted yogurt into the vaginal region. This is because natural yogurt contains beneficial bacteria.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil has anti-fungal properties. Raw, organic coconut oil can be applied to experience relief from the symptoms.
- Garlic: Garlic is known for its antibiotic and anti-fungal properties. Vaginal creams that contain garlic were found to be effective in treating yeast infection.
- Oil of Oregano: Capsules that contain oil of oregano can be inserted in the vagina at night. Essential oils should always be diluted with carrier oils before they are applied to the skin.
- It is advised that pregnant women and people who suffer from recurrent yeast infections should not try home remedies. It is also advisable to wear cotton and loose-fitting clothing. Tight jeans should be avoided. You should change your wet swimwear as soon as possible. Never use vaginal perfumes and sprays.
- Always dry the genital area after taking a shower.