More than 50 million people in the world are affected by diabetes. It is a lifestyle disease. The treatment of the disease involves medication and precautions.
In ancient China, mango leaves were used to treat diabetes. The leaves are very rich in nutrients. Experiments were conducted on mice and it was found that the mice which were given the extract of mango leaves absorbed less glucose which helped in lowering their blood sugar levels. Mango leaves are also rich in vitamin C, pectin, and fiber. This also helps in reducing bad cholesterol level in the body. Mango leaves are also known to provide relief from some symptoms of diabetes such as excess weight loss, frequent urination at night, and blurred vision.
Mango leaves are also rich in antioxidants. Remember to consult your doctor before you start consuming mango leaves concoction to treat diabetes.
How to use mango leaves
- Boil some 15 fresh mango leaves in 150 ml of water. Allow the concoction to be left overnight.
- Drink in the morning before taking breakfast. It is advised to consume it every day for approximately 3 months.
- The extract of mango leaves is also used to treat asthma.
How it works
Let us see how mango leaves help those with diabetes.
- First, it improves the production of insulin in the body and also increases the distribution of glucose. This helps to stabilize the level of sugar in the blood.
- They also provide relief from the symptoms of diabetes and help to lower the bad cholesterol level in the body.
- If you are not diabetic, even then you can benefit from the nutritional benefits of the mango leaves.
- Mango leaves are full of medicinal and healing properties. They have been used for centuries in herbal medicine. They have been used in Eastern medicine too.