Aloe vera is a shrub and is called the “wonder plant”. It is used widely in herbal remedies, foods, cosmetics, and food supplements.
Aloe vera plant has been quite popular in traditional Chinese, Indian, and western medicine systems. The gel that is obtained from the leaves has numerous benefits. Research has shown that it is helpful in treating diabetes and is ideal for weight watchers. The gel that is obtained from the leaf has numerous benefits for skin health too. It is known to treat a number of skin disorders. Here are some benefits of aloe vera.
Skin health benefits for Aloe Vera
- Most prominently, aloe vera has been used to treat skin conditions and wounds.
- It is known to treat sunburns. Apply a generous amount of the gel on the sunburnt area. It will provide relief from the redness and rashes that occur due to sun explore.
- The plant contains numerous vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and amino acids.
- Considering its antioxidant properties, it is used to enhance the overall health of the skin.
- Aloe vera is known to moisturize the skin and is very effective in treating dry skin.
- Apply the gel directly to the skin and the dry patches.
- Aloe vera gel is an excellent skin exfoliator. It helps to remove dead cells and clears the pores of the skin.
- Mix sugar granules with aloe vera gel and use as a scrub.
- Massage the face, hands, and neck with aloe vera gel just before going to bed and leave overnight. Watch out for silky smooth and soft skin in the morning!
- It is also known to treat cracked feet. Massage aloe vera gel on the feet until it gets absorbed into the skin and wear cotton socks. The result is super soft feet naturally without using any chemicals!