Children learn from their parents. Until you enjoy eating fruits and vegetables yourself, you cannot expect your kid to do the same. Set a great example for your kid and encourage him/her to eat fruits and vegetables. It might take several trials and convincing, especially if your kid is choosy with what he/she eats. However, remember to tackle the situation with love and never be hard on your child.
Health benefits of vegetables and fruits
- A diet rich in fruits, vegetables, nuts, and whole grains is packed with minerals and vitamins. It will also keep the body weight under control.
- Consumption of sugary and aerated drinks can directly contribute to obesity. Encourage your kid to relish a nutritious vegetable smoothie instead.
- Processed foods are known to be very harmful: they have a high salt content. Vegetables and fruits have lots of nutrients and contain large amounts of fiber as well.
- The presence of a large amount of fiber also keeps hunger pangs at bay. Fiber is known to slow down the digestion process which will keep hunger under control.
- Fruits and vegetables also have high water content which keeps kids feeling fuller for a long time.
- The consumption of vegetables and fruits is known to reduce the risk of heart attack and reduces blood pressure as well. It also has a positive effect on blood sugar. This helps to keep the appetite in control.
- Eating apples and pears is also known to promote weight loss. They have low glycemic loads that control hunger pangs.
- Always keep a stock of fresh fruits and vegetables instead of soft drinks to prevent obesity.
- Encourage physical activity in children and reduce the time that they spend in front of the TV and smart devices.