The area of the inner thigh is very prone to rashes. The inner thigh area is dark and sweaty which makes it the perfect breeding ground for fungi and bacteria. When the thighs rub together and due to the exposure to the clothing material too, there is a chance of skin irritation developing. Inner thigh rashes can be experienced by both men and women. You can experience a burning sensation, itchiness, discomfort, and pain due to the rashes. The rashes can be of different types such as heat rash, contact dermatitis, chafing, etc. Here are some home remedies that will help to provide relief from the rashes of the inner thigh.
Healing inner thigh rashes
- Keep the area dry.
- Make sure you thoroughly dry the area after taking a bath.
- Opt for cotton fabrics instead of synthetic materials.
- Change clothes as soon as they get sweaty. Do not take bath with hot water— instead, bathe with temperate water.
- Do not share personal items.
- Cold compresses can be used to provide relief from irritation and itching.
- Always wear loose cotton clothes.
- An oatmeal bath also provides relief from the rashes. Oatmeal has anti-inflammatory properties that will help to soothe irritated and itchy skin.
- Tea-tree oil: Add tea tree oil to a cold compress or dilute it with a carrier oil and apply to the affected area. Remember to do a patch test with the oil first and do not use undiluted. Take care never to ingest an essential oil.
- Honey has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties and can be used for the treatment of a skin rash. Add 2 tbsp of honey to 1 tbsp of lukewarm water. Mix thoroughly. Apply the mixture over the rashes with a cotton pad.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera provides instant relief from itchiness. Scoop out the gel from the fresh Aloe Vera leaf and apply on the affected area. You can also add a few drops of tea tree oil to the gel. Apply over the rashes with a cotton pad. Allow it to dry and wash with lukewarm water.