Open sores in the lining of the stomach are called gastric ulcers or stomach ulcers. The acid present in the stomach is responsible for the formation of peptic ulcers. They are very painful. The main cause is bacteria. People who over-consume painkillers such as aspirin and ibuprofen are more prone to ulcers. Ulcers can be treated with antibiotics. Here are some natural home remedies that can reduce the production of acid and are very useful in treating ulcers. Consult your doctor before use these.
Home remedies to soothe stomach ulcers
- Honey: Honey contains antioxidants and has powerful anti-bacterial properties. You can add honey to your diet. It will help to soothe the ulcers and will reduce the growth of the bacteria.
- Garlic: Garlic is a natural blood thinner and is known to treat ulcers as it reduces the growth of bacteria. You can add garlic to your diet or consume garlic extract in the supplement form.
- Wholegrains, fresh fruits, and vegetables should be added to the diet to treat ulcers and maintain good health.
- A diet that is rich in vitamins will help to heal ulcers fast. Blueberries, strawberries, black olives, dark chocolate are foods that contain antioxidants that will protect from and heal ulcers.
- Cranberries: Research has shown that cranberry can treat infections caused by bacteria. You can drink cranberry juice or you can take cranberry in the form of supplements. Do not consume canned cranberry juices because they have more sugar content. Drink fresh cranberry juice or consume cranberries directly.
- Some foods that you should avoid to prevent ulcers: People who suffer from ulcers also have the problem of acid reflux. Acid reflux can cause indigestion and heartburn. To reduce acid reflux pain, limit or avoid chocolates, carbonated beverages, processed foods, chilis, coffee, deep-fried foods, and citrus fruits.