To maintain oral hygiene, it is necessary to rinse your mouth after each meal. Experts suggest limiting the intake of coffee and tea and including more of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
Here is how you can keep all oral and dental problems at bay.
Keeping oral problems away
- Thoroughly rinse the mouth with water or mouthwash after every meal.
- After every heavy meal, brush your teeth to remove the food particles that are stuck between the teeth.
- Limit the consumption of sugary snacks.
- Consume foods that are rich in fiber. Fibers are natural cleansers for the teeth.
- You can eat cheese at the end of the meal. Cheese is known to increase the flow of saliva and reduces the risk of cavity formation in the teeth as it cleans the sugar that is stuck in the mouth.
- Limit the intake of tea or coffee to prevent the formation of stains on teeth.
- Always get a regular dental check-up to keep dental problems at bay.
- If you suffer from the problem of bad breath, it means you are not maintaining oral hygiene properly. Consult your dentist who will suggest ways to get rid of the problem.
- To remove bad breath, drink lots of water. Consume foods that are rich in vitamin C. Gargle with water and rinse. This will clean the mouth of the bacteria that cause bad breath. Oranges, lemons, and kiwis are fruits that keep the mouth fresh. Apple is known to remove the bacteria that cause bad breath. Mint leaves are also known to freshen the breath.
- If you suffer from toothache, you can consume cloves. You can add them to your tea or consume them raw. They will help provide relief from toothache.