If it is cold outside and you come out from the warm interiors, it is one reason that causes the skin to go dry. Applying lots of commercial products that promise to provide hydration to the skin but all the ingredients that the products contain are harmful to the body in the long run. Here are some home remedies that will help to keep your skin hydrated. Consult with your doctor before you try any remedies at home.
Home remedies for dry skin
Here are some amazing home remedies to combat dry skin. Try them and you might be surprised! Plus, using these is a great way to stay away from the harmful chemicals sold in the supermarkets.
- Use staples for exfoliation: Use sugar scrub or salt to remove dead skin. The fresh skin beneath absorbs more moisturizers.
- Do not use very hot water while bathing. Very hot water will dry the skin. You should instead use lukewarm water and the soap that you use should be gentle. More often than not, the soaps that we use are harsh on the skin and leave it dry.
- Apply moisturizer on damp skin: Apply lotion just after you come out from the shower as damp skin best absorbs the moisturizer.
- Use milk and honey while bathing. Add honey and milk to your bath and soak in for some time. The skin will become soft and supple.
- Apply honey and olive oil: Mix honey and olive oil and squeeze in some lemon juice. Apply this lotion and allow it to remain for 20 minutes. Wipe with a warm cloth. This will leave the skin smooth and shining.
- Oatmeal bath: Oatmeal cleanses and moisturizes the skin. It is very rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties.