The ketogenic diet, also referred to as the keto diet, or simply keto, is a low-carb, high-fat diet that is gaining lots of popularity as of late. It is prone to become the go to weight loss diet. It is known for helping people achieve weight loss rapidly and effectively without having to dedicate lots of time to the gym. The diet actually does a lot of work in helping you lose weight all on its own because its designed to make your body burn its own fat.
Keto diet does this by replacing your body’s normal energy source, carbohydrates, with healthy fats. When you ingest carbohydrates, they are broken down into glucose and stored in your cells as fat. If you stop eating carbohydrates, your body will enter a state of ketosis, which basically means it will start burning its fat stores. This is why you can technically eat as many calories as you want on keto and still lose weight.
But why is the keto diet the best for weight loss?
The truth is that there are lots of diets that can help you achieve weight loss. You have to find the diet that suits your lifestyle best. But unlike a lot of other weight loss diets, keto offers a whole host of other health benefits that make it more than a simple weight loss diet:
- It is easy to prepare keto meals, all you need is to eat keto appropriate foods
- Keto provides extra health benefits like, reducing cholesterol, preventing heart disease, regulating diabetes, etc.
- Keto is used to prevent cancer
- Keto was originally created to counteract epilepsy
- Keto syncs well with a good weight lifting program
- Keto improves acne by removing sugar from your diet which helps to reduce the frequency of breakouts