Tulsi is known for its properties that help deal with stress. It is also known as the queen of herbs. It is considered an important herb in Ayurveda. In Hinduism, Tulsi is linked with the Goddess Herself. The different parts of the Tulsi plant are used for medicinal purposes. The leaves, flowers, seeds, roots, and stems: the whole plant is considered immensely beneficial. It can be consumed in the form of herbal tea or the fresh leaves can be used in traditional cooking.
Here are some health benefits of Tulsi.
Health benefits of Tulsi
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Tulsi essential oil has anti-inflammatory properties. It is used in treating cardiovascular diseases.
- Tulsi helps in lowering stress and anxiety. Tulsi is a calming herb and has numerous relaxation effects.
- Tulsi is helpful in normalizing the sugar levels in the blood.
- It improves cognitive functions. Tulsi promotes memory and attention. It also provides protection against drug and aging-induced memory problems.
- Tulsi protects the heart. It is known to protect against cardiovascular diseases. It helps to lower cholesterol. It also has anti-oxidant effects.
- Tulsi helps in balancing high blood pressure as it is very rich in potassium.
- It helps to lower the blood sugar.
- Tulsi is also beneficial for type-2 diabetes patients as it lowers blood sugar.
- It protects the liver from toxin-induced damage.
- Tulsi is a powerful anti-oxidant and helps in restoring the functions of the liver and the kidney. The extract of Tulsi is known to increase the levels of antioxidant enzymes.
- Tulsi is also known to provide relief from respiratory disorders such as asthma as it provides relief from congestion.
- It is also beneficial in the case of insect bites as well as skin conditions.
- Tulsi is also known for its use in dental care.