Tomatoes are some of the most amazing ingredients you can utilize to take care of your skin. It is a nutrient packed fruit that has carotenoids, phenolic compounds, vitamin C, and folic acid. These compounds make the tomato a multi-pronged weapon in the fight for good skin health. Tomatoes are antioxidants which can lighten your skin complexion; they have antiaging properties and can reduce winkles; the lycopene prevents photodamage; and it can even remove dead skin cells and tighten pores. Below are some face packs you can use to incorporate tomatoes into your beauty regimen.
Acne Tomato Face Pack
1 tsp jojoba oil
3-5 drops tea tree oil
- Pulp the tomato and blend with the oils.
- Apply mixture on your face.
- Let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water then with cool water.
Repeat 2-3 times a week.
Blemish Fighting Tomato Face Pack
2 tbsp tomato pulp
1 tsp honey
- Apply the of honey and tomato pulp mixture to your face.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes or until it dries.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
Apply twice a week.
Blackhead Fighting Tomato Face Pack
1-2 tbsp tomato pulp
1 tbsp oats
1 tbsp plain yogurt
- Mix the yogurt with tomato pulp.
- Slowly add oats to the mixture.
- Lightly warm this mixture and mix well.
- Let it cool and apply this pack to your face.
- Keep it on for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with regular water.
Use this face pack twice a week.
Combination Skin Tomato Face Pack
1 tbsp tomato pulp
1 tbsp mashed avocado
- Mix the ingredients and apply the pack to your face.
- Wait 10 minutes then rinse it off.
- Pat dry with a soft towel.
You can use this pack up to twice a week.
Dark Circle Fighting Tomato Face Pack
1 tsp tomato juice
A few drops of aloe vera gel
- Carefully apply the mixture to the skin beneath your eyes.
- Let it dry for 10 minutes and then rinse it off.
Apply this once or twice daily for quick results.