Body ache, fever, and nasal congestion can make you feel miserable. There are a number of home remedies that will help you to get rid of the symptoms. If you suffer from trouble in breathing or an increased heartbeat, do not overlook the symptoms and seek medical help immediately. Here are some home remedies that will help you to treat the flu. Remember to consult your doctor first before attempting to treat yourself through the use of these remedies as serious situations best need the right medical care.
Natural ways to treat flu
Here are some natural ways to treat the flu.
- Ginger: Add some slices of raw ginger to boiling water. This will help to cure cough and sore throat. It will also help to reduce the feeling of nausea that is associated with influence or flu. You can also have ginger tea to get relief from sore throat.
- Honey: Honey has numerous anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties. Add honey and lemon to tea to provide relief from throat pain. Honey is also known to suppress the cough.
- Garlic: Garlic has anti-microbial properties as it contains the compound allicin. Make it a habit to add garlic to your diet. This will protect you from sickness!
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is present in limes, grapefruits, oranges, leafy greens, and many fruits and vegetables. Lemon is a great source of this vitamin. You can add fresh lemon juice to hot tea to which honey is added. This will help to reduce the cough. Vitamin C is known to boost the immune system function.
- Saltwater: Gargle with salt water to prevent respiratory infections. It will also provide relief from sore throat and nasal congestion. Add 1 tsp of salt in a glassful of water. Gargle and spit it out.