There are numerous causes which result in the teeth becoming yellow and losing their whiteness. There are certain foods that can stain the enamel. The plaque that builds up on the teeth also causes the teeth to look yellow.
Teeth look yellow because the enamel has been destroyed and the dentin that is beneath the enamel becomes visible. Dentin is the bony tissue that is yellow in color. Here are some remedies that you can use to naturally whiten your teeth without using any toxic chemicals or whitening agents. However, we recommend consulting your doctor first.
Remedies to whiten the teeth
- Brush your teeth with baking soda: Baking soda has natural whitening properties. It helps to remove the stains from the teeth. Baking soda is alkaline in nature and prevents the bacteria from growing inside the mouth. Brushing the teeth with baking soda will have a significant effect on the teeth.
- Use apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is a natural cleaning agent and is also a disinfectant. The active component in apple cider vinegar is acetic acid which kills bacteria. These anti-bacterial properties help clean the mouth and whiten the teeth.
- Consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. A diet that is rich in fresh fruits and vegetables is good for both your teeth and the body. Raw fruits and vegetables help the plaque to go away as you chew the foods. Pineapple and strawberries are known to whiten the teeth.
- Using strawberries: Mix strawberry and baking soda and brush your teeth with this mixture. Strawberries will remove the discoloration from the teeth. Baking soda will help to remove the stains.
- Limit the consumption of coffee, red wine, and dark berries. These are known to stain the teeth. This does not mean that you have to avoid them but you can restrict the amount you consume.