If you feel a pinching sensation in the uterus, you might have an ovarian cyst. You can treat the cysts at home by using home remedies but they are not a replacement for the treatment plan that has been prescribed by your doctor.
Ovarian cysts are growths on the ovaries which are noncancerous in nature. While some cysts can be difficult to identify and cause no symptoms, others can cause pain and heavy period flow.
The pain might be accompanied by fever and vomiting. You could also experience sudden pain in the abdomen. These are the symptoms of the rupturing of a cyst. You should seek medical advice immediately.
Home remedies for reducing ovarian cysts
- Heat therapy to get relief from cramps: Heat therapy will provide relief from the pain that is caused by menstrual cramps. Placing a hot water bottle may turn very effective in easing the pain.
- Consume almonds: Almonds are very rich in magnesium and provide relief from chronic pain. Make a habit to snack on almonds.
- Consume chamomile tea: Chamomile is a herb which has anti-inflammatory properties and will provide relief from the pain resulting from cramps. Chamomile will also make your sleep better. Boil water and add a chamomile tea bag and allow it to remain there for a few minutes. This tea will provide you relief from the pain. You can also add some mint leaves for additional flavor.
- Drink ginger tea to reduce inflammation and pain. Ginger has anti-carcinogenic and anti-oxidant properties. The intake of ginger is known to prevent ovarian cancer. Make fresh ginger tea at home to get relief from the pain. Consider adding honey to make the taste better.
- It is also advisable to consume foods that are rich in fiber such as berries, broccoli, and almonds.