People who wish to improve their health are advised to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. People are often confused which fruits to include in their diet. Some people consider that fruits like bananas can be fattening. Contrary to popular belief, bananas are low in calories but rich in fiber. Bananas are very nutritious and contain a lot of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Bananas contain a lot of antioxidants.
Bananas, health, and weight-loss
- If you consume a banana, it will make you feel fuller which, in turn, will make you consume fewer calories in the long term.
- The way you consume bananas will depend on your weight management. Medium-sized bananas contain 105 calories. They contain lots of potassium, vitamin C, and good carbohydrates. They are ideal for breakfast as they provide the energy to start your day.
- You are advised to keep bananas away if you wish to lose weight. However, bananas contain good carbohydrates which help in weight loss. Also, as they are full of fiber, they will keep you full for a longer period of time.
- They have a low to medium glycemic index. This does not cause sudden spikes in blood sugar levels like the other high-carb foods. Therefore, the body will end up burning more fat which will help in reducing weight.
- You should not over-indulge in bananas. It is best to consume bananas pre and post workout as it will help to boost stamina.
- The potassium present in bananas will help reduce water retention which, in turn, helps with weight loss.
- Bananas are rich in vitamin B which helps prevent the storage of fats, especially around the tummy area.
- However, bananas are not as filling as some other fruits such as oranges and apples.
- It is best to enjoy bananas as a part of a healthy and balanced diet.