Glycerin has been used by our mothers and grandmothers and it was an essential part of their beauty regime. This is because they knew the benefits of glycerin for the face and the skin.
Glycerin is also called glycerol and it is a colorless and odorless thick liquid which is sweet in taste. It is obtained as a byproduct in the soap-making process and is derived from both animal and plant sources. It is used in the beauty and pharmaceutical industry as it has numerous benefits for beauty and health.
Using Glycerin on Your Skin and Face
- Glycerin is very useful for treating oily skin.
- Wash the face thoroughly and pat dry with a towel to remove excess water. Take a few drops of glycerin on a cotton ball and dab it on the face. Leave the area around the eyes and the mouth. Allow it to stay for some time so that it is absorbed by the skin. Glycerin is an excellent cleanser. Wash thoroughly. You can also add 2-3 tsp of milk to 1 tsp of glycerin for better results.
- Glycerin is also used to remove oils, make-up, and dirt from the skin.
- It is a very good moisturizer and helps the skin absorb moisture from the air. It is a great cleanser too.
- Always apply glycerin to your face before going to bed and wash it in the morning.
- It also has anti-aging properties and will help to reduce the fine lines on the skin.
- Glycerin is also known to fight skin diseases. The application of glycerin prevents the abnormal shedding of skin cells and prevents psoriasis.
- It also helps to fight fungal infections like eczema.
- Glycerin can be used on all types of skin including oily skin. It can also treat acne.