It is very difficult to escape the heat of the sun and cope up with the high temperatures of the summer season. It is advisable to consume foods that cool the body and help you to beat the heat.
Foods perfect for summers
- Enjoy a light breakfast every morning and include a lot of fresh fruits and liquids.
- Opt for melon juice or tender coconut juice. Coconut water makes for the electrolyte loss from the body and keeps the body hydrated.
- Add cucumber juice and salads to your diet.
- Do not take a heavy breakfast and avoid foods that are rich in starch.
- Include buttermilk in your diet.
- Keep the food low in spices and high in liquids.
- Do not drink chilled water as it harms the digestive system of the body.
- Avoid consuming aerated beverages.
- Cook food with cooling herbs like coriander, mint, and fennel.
- Add green cardamom, cumin, and cinnamon to your food.
- It is best to avoid the consumption of fried food. Instead, steam, boil or stew the food.
- Consume sugarcanes, varieties of mangoes, melons, and jackfruit throughout the day. Melons have 90% water and almost 0 calories which makes them the ideal foods for the summers.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day as we constantly lose water through sweat. Make sure you drink clean and pure water as water-borne disease are very common during the summer months.
- Keep the meal portions small and eat throughout the day.
- Consume fruits and vegetables that are high in water content such as tomatoes, cucumbers, carrot, watermelon, muskmelon, and green leafy vegetables.
- Include coconut milk and lemon juice in your diet to keep the body hydrated.
- Choose vegetables like broccoli and asparagus.
- Avoid citrus and sour fruits. Also, limit the intake of chili and garlic.