Believe it or not, potatoes are actually natural wonders when it comes to treating your hair. Potatoes have vitamin B, zinc, vitamin C, iron, and niacin; all compounds needed to nourish your hair follicles and promote the growth of healthy hair. The juice of the potato can also cleanse your hair and leave it shiny and lustrous. Think of potato juice as a natural conditioner and cleanser, all in one. Read below to learn how to incorporate potatoes into your hair care routine.
Directly Apply Potato Juice to The Scalp
- 1/2 cup potato juice (for medium length hair)
- Apply the potato juice to your scalp.
- Massage the potato juice into your scalp for 5-10 minutes.
- Cover your scalp.
- Begin working the juice into your hair, starting from the roots and working your way down to the tips.
- Leave the mixture in for an additional 15 minutes.
- Rinse the potato juice out with cool/lukewarm water.
Once per week.
Why This Works
Apart from the nutritional benefits that the potato juice imparts into your hair, the scalp massage stimulates the circulation of blood. This helps to get rid of impurities contained in the hair follicles.
Potato Juice Honey, and Egg Mask
- 3 medium sized potatoes
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp honey
- Extract the juice from the potatoes.
- Collect the potato juice into a bowl.
- Add a whisked egg yolk and honey into the bowl.
- Mix until the contents are well combined.
- Apply this hair pack to your scalp and hair.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with cool water.
Once a week.
Why This Works
This treatment is especially good for treating dry hair. Honey, and egg yolk are amazing ingredients for moisturizing your hair. The potato juice promotes hair growth.