Tomato is one of the best fruits – yes fruit – for your health on the market. There is just about never not a reason to enjoy a tomato. It is nutrient dense and easy to include in just about every meal. Tomatoes have all types of vitamins and minerals that equate to some spectacular health benefits. Eating just a single tomato can provide your body with, protein, dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, thiamine, niacin, pyridoxine, folate, magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese. They work together to boost your body’s immune system, protect your heart, prevent certain cancers, lower your chance for diabetes, etc. They are just overall great for you.
One of the best ways to consume tomatoes is to turn them into tomato juice. Drinking tomato juice is a little bit different from simply eating tomatoes though. There are a lot of store bought options for tomato juice, which is great for convenience, but may not be the best for your health. Premade tomato juice often includes added sodium, which can be unhealthy. It also tends to include added vegetables and exclude the pulp which contains most of the nutrients. Without the pulp, tomato juice tends to be sugary than you want it to be.
The best thing to do is to make your own tomato juice at home. That way you can guarantee it is healthy and has all the powerful health benefits of tomatoes.
How to Prepare Tomato Juice at Home
- Slice a few fresh tomatoes.
- Cook sliced tomatoes in the oven with a little bit of olive oil for 30 minutes at a medium temperature.
- Let cool.
- Blend the tomatoes in a high powered blender or food processor.
- Pulse until the tomato juice reaches the desired consistency.
- Combine with your desired combination of veggies and herbs, like celery, red peppers, and cayenne pepper and enjoy.