Since ages, it has been advised to drink a cup of hot tea when you suffer from cold. A cup of hot tea is known to treat congestion and sore throat. There is not much research that establishes if tea can treat common colds. However, there is evidence that herbal tea ingredients can treat respiratory infections. There are several types of teas which you can use to treat common colds.
The Best Teas for Cold
Let us learn more about some powerful teas that can help cure common colds.
- Lemon tea has been used for decades as a home remedy to treat common colds. You can drink lemon tea or squeeze a lemon in any herbal tea. Lemons contain vitamin C which increases immunity.
- Green tea contains powerful antioxidants. These antioxidants help to fight infections that have been caused by environmental factors. They also increase immunity and keep metabolism healthy.
- Herbal tea can be made with herbs, spices, and dried fruits. Herbal teas have a sweet flavor and the addition of honey makes them tastier! Peppermint tea and chamomile tea have been used to treat common colds. Honey soothes pain and soreness in the throat and suppresses cough.
- Echinacea tea: a lot of research needs to be done on the effects of echinacea tea to treat common colds. However, some studies show that echinacea promotes immunity as it is very rich in antioxidants. Drinking echinacea tea is known to treat flu.
- Cinnamon contains powerful antioxidants that boost the immune system and are known to fight colds. It also has a very pleasant flavor.
- Ginger is known to relieve sore throat and clear congestion due to cold. Ginger added to tea can be used to relieve common colds.
- Black tea is known to provide relief from flu.