Aloe Vera has been an important constituent of ancient herbal remedies. It is believed that the Egyptians called it the “plant of immortality”. Aloe Vera is a cactus plant that grows in dry regions. A number of studies have established the health benefits of the plant. It is believed to be especially beneficial for skin health and can help treat a variety of skin conditions including cosmetic ailments, dry skin, and hair problems as well.
Aloe Vera Health Benefits For Skin
Let us now see the health benefits of Aloe Vera for your skin.
- Aloe Vera can help soothe burns. It can heal the epithelial tissues and forms a protective layer over the skin. Aloe Vera will also supply the skin with moisture and will accelerate healing.
- It can treat acne as well. The plant has anti-inflammatory compounds that can reduce inflammation in the skin. It will allow the skin to heal with minimal scars and marks. The ancient system of Ayurveda recommends the use of Aloe for treating acne and eczema in addition to other skin conditions.
- Aloe Vera also makes an excellent skin moisturizer. It can protect the skin from drying and can be used as an aftershave moisturizer as well. The gel will also heal any cuts that are caused by shaving.
- Aloe Vera has some 75 nutrients which include minerals, vitamins, sugars, enzymes, and amino acids.
- It also has numerous antioxidants such as vitamin C, E, and beta carotene.
- Aloe Vera gel is also an excellent remedy to treat irritated skin as it possesses cooling properties. It can soothe skin affected by redness, infection, rash or sunburn. It also has powerful antifungal properties which help reduce skin problems as well.
- It can also reduce the signs of skin aging. Aloe Vera can also remove skin wrinkles.