You don’t have to buy fancy face creams or cosmetic facial packs from the salon to treat your skin well. It is very simple to make effective masks using common household ingredients. These are the same ingredients the big companies are using, except more affordable and natural.
Cocoa Dream Hydration Mask
This face mask has 3 primary ingredients; they may make you want to eat it instead of wear it. The avocado is responsible for hydrating your skin; the cocoa acts as an antioxidant that helps to sooth your skin; and the honey is an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial that also hydrates your skin. It’s tasty and has three powerful properties all in one.
- Mash 1/4 of the avocado in a small bowl.
- Mix in 1 tbsp cocoa powder and 1 tbsp honey into the bowl – make sure to mix and mash the ingredients.
- Wash and dry your face.
- Apply the mask to your face for 10 minutes.
- Rinse your face with warm water then moisturize your skin.
Nourishing Honey Mask
Honey is one of the best ingredients for taking care of your skin. It has so many amazing properties that make it ideal for a facial mask. It is an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory which helps it to treat puffiness and acne. It is also hydrating, so it can restore your skin and bring back its suppleness and elasticity.
- Brew 1 cup of chamomile tea using 2 tea bags.
- Let tea completely cool.
- Stir together 1 tbsp of raw honey, and 1 tsp of nutritional yeast in a bowl.
- Make a paste by adding in some of the chamomile tea.
- Make sure the paste is runny to be spreadable across your face, but not too watery.
- Apply a thin layer to your face.
- Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off the mask, pat dry, and moisturize.
Organic Banana Face Mask
This is the mask you want when you’re striving for that wonderful glow. Not only is it going to have you looking brilliant, but you can eat it too, so win-win.
- Mash 1/2 a banana inside a bowl.
- Mix in 1 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of orange juice.
- Apply the mask to your face and let the mixture sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and moisturize.
Papaya Lightening Mask
This mask is great for treating imperfections in your skin like, sun spots, uneven skin tones, spotty pigmentation, etc.
- Blend 2 tbsp of honey and ½ cup mashed papaya together.
- Gently apply the mixture to your face.
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off and moisturize.
Honey Citrus Mask
If you’re looking for an easy and quick fix to restore a healthy glow to your skin and help the dullness recede, then this mask is it.
- Combine 3 tbsp orange juice and ¼ cup honey.
- Rub the mixture lightly over your face.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and moisturize.