Staying hydrated is important for everyone and that’s why it is important to invest in a good quality water bottle. A flask or water bottle by your side will help you stay hydrated even when you are too busy with your work. When it comes to kids, it becomes even more important to select the right water bottle. From the right kind of shape and size to quality, there are a lot of things that matter before you buy a water bottle for kids.
There are many different kinds of water containers with each serving a different purpose. The most common ones include plastic, glass, and stainless steel bottles and every material comes with a unique set of features. Although plastic may seem like an affordable and portable option, a water bottle that is not BPA-free might contain harmful chemicals.
Here are a few tips on choosing the best water bottle for kids…
- Easy to Use: The best kids’ water bottles should be easy to open, close, and drink as kids often do everything in hurry. You can choose stainless steel insulated water bottles or thermos bottles that are insulated to keep drinks at the desired temperature for longer.
- Pick the Right Type: With so many types of water bottles available, you can easily pick the best for your kid. Choose a compact one for the lunchbox and an easy to use for the desk while a stainless steel water bottle is a great option for sports.
- BPA-Free: Check if the water bottle is BPA-free as it is important to make sure that it is made out of a safe material. BPA is a type of chemical that is often used in plastic goods and can be potentially dangerous for the health of kids.
- Leak-Proof and Break-Resistant: Make sure that the water bottle is leak-proof and does not break easily. Therefore, it is better to avoid plastic and glass bottles but a thermos flask or stainless steel water bottle will work great.
- Don’t Go for Awkward Shapes: The shape of your water bottle will depend on how your kid will be going to use it. The shape should be appealing but not awkward(uncomfortable to pick up and use, or carry) as your kid is going to use it throughout the day.
- Right Temperature: It is essential to have the right temperature of water for your kids and an insulated sipper bottle or thermos flask can do the job. These bottles are made to keep the beverages hot or cold for up to 12 hours.
- Attractive Colors: Water bottles for kids are available in different colors and designs. Investing in a colorful bottle ranging from matte, bright, or neon will help attract your kids to drink more water and stay hydrated.
- Pick a Reusable One: It is always good to invest in a reusable water bottle whether you’re buying it for yourself or your kid. A stainless steel bottle or a flask can be a good option to go with as not all plastic bottles are reusable.
If you’re still not clear what water bottle should you choose for your little one, here are few considerations…
- Stainless steel water bottles are one of the safest options available for your kids as they are safe, eco-friendly, easy-to-use, and easy-to-clean.
- The insulated water bottles are designed to keep the water hot or cold at your desired temperature for up to 24 hours.
- The steel will not rust and does not attract chemicals which means there isn’t any alteration in the taste.
- There are many features available when you pick stainless steel such as carrying straps, wide mouth, special caps, clips, handles, and cool colors.
- Stainless steel is a kind of material that can be recycled and upcycled to turn into a new product.
- Though plastic products are also extremely versatile, not all of them are BPA-free or chemical-free.
- Plastic and glass are comparatively easier to break while steel is a durable material that will last longer, making it a viable choice.
- Steel bottles are dynamic and ideal for storing hot and cold liquids so that you can keep the water at your desired temperature.
- Stainless steel bottles are dishwasher friendly while plastic products are not dishwasher friendly.
- Some other options you may consider are copper bottles, hydro flask sipper bottles, collapsable water bottles, etc.
Different Types of Water Bottles and their Features
- Insulated Bottles: They come with a stainless steel interior and come with a twist-off lid. The key highlights include double insulation, leak-proof, reusable, and easy to clean.
- Hydro Flask: These are more like flasks and a great choice for small children and they can also keep the water either hot or cold. The key highlights include easy to sip, insulated, easy to maintain, carrying loop, and reusable.
- Stainless Steel Bottles: Steel bottles come in a huge variety of designs and sizes to suit different needs. They are durable, eco-friendly, chemical-free, and a healhty choice for your kid.
The Final Verdict
Whether spending a day at the school or the beach, sports practice, or traveling places, water bottles are a great way to keep your little champ hydrated. There are several water bottles online that you can pick for your little one. However, make sure you invest in a good-quality, BPA-free stainless steel water bottle.
The best way to pick the best water bottle for your kid is by checking out the available options and comparing them for their features, pros, and cons. Today, a lot of companies are providing innovative concepts and higher standards of quality. You may find the best bottles a bit expensive at first but they are cost-efficient in the long run.
You can either visit the nearby shops or check online stores as they also offer a wide range of water bottles. Keep in mind that kids need the best quality and, therefore, you will have to do proper research before you make the final decision.