We all are aware that proper water intake is extremely imperative for our healthy being and it becomes even more important while working out. Whether we go to the gym for that heavy lifting or a yoga class for bending or twisting, staying hydrated is essential as we lose a lot of sweat. When you are hydrated, your energy levels are up and your body is primed for exercise along with your mind.
Still, hydration is one of the most overlooked parts of fitness and people often forget to sip water. What could be the solution? What can help you stay hydrated? A well-picked water bottle will come in handy when you are hitting the gym and there are different styles of water bottles available for gym or sports. These bottles are amazing for carrying along while you are on-the-go and need to drink water in-between your favorite sports activity or exercise.
What is a gym water bottle?
Though it’s just a water bottle what makes it different is the convenience to use and it needs to be a bit sturdier as compared to normal bottles. It should be larger in volume and durable enough to handle that kicking around or knocking over in the gym. It is also worth mentioning that the gym bottles aren’t shakers.
Some popular types of gym bottles…
1. Tumblers and insulated water bottles: These bottles are best for everyday use and come in many different shapes and sizes. These containers are great for holding more than just water as the insulated lining helps keep your beverages hot or cold for longer.
2. Stainless steel water bottles: Apart from being environment-friendly and durable, a stainless steel water bottle is a healthier choice. The steel will not rust and available with many desirable features such as carrying straps, colors, handles, spouts, clips, etc.
3. Hard plastic water bottles: These bottles are best for outdoor and recreation purposes and come with many features. The hard plastic is durable enough to withstand wear and tear and also easy to clean and maintain.
4. Squeeze water bottles: The squeeze bottles are best for gym and sports activities as they are easy to use and maintain. These bottles allow an easy grip and the see-through design help you know how much water remains.
5. Hydration packs: Best for running, hiking, and biking, the hydration packs are an innovative concept and a hands-free solution for staying hydrated. Some hydration packs also come with pockets to help store your activity essentials.
Finding the best water bottle for the gym is essential and here are a few things you should pay attention to when choosing one…
1. Consider the Usage: A water bottle is not just a container that could hold your water but it has become an activity-specific accessory. So, depending on your usage or choice of activity, you can narrow down the choices. Think about the main purpose of the water bottle and pick one that perfectly suits your requirements.
2. Choose the Right Material: Sports water bottles comes in a variety of materials such as glass, plastic, and stainless steel. If you are a health-conscious person, investing in a reusable and eco-friendly bottle like steel or thermos flask will be a great idea. A steel water bottle can do the job as it is free from harmful chemicals like BPA.
3. The Desired Temperature: Selecting the best water bottle will also depend on the water temperature you want. You may want your bottle to keep the water either hot or cold and an insulated water bottle can do the job. The bottle is designed to keep the liquid at your desired temperature for up to 24 hours.
4. Volume You Need: The size of the water bottle will depend on the water intake you need during the exercise. The gym bottles are available in many different sizes and shapes. Depending on the need, you can explore different sizes and pick one that suits your requirements.
5. Features You Want: There may be certain features that you want in your water bottle such as eco-friendly, durable, safe, easy-to-clean, easy-to-use, special caps, carrying straps, clips, handles, unique shapes, etc. Decide what kind of bottle will serve your purpose and invest accordingly.
6. Functionality: Choosing a water bottle with features like a handle, carrying bag, a nozzle, etc may be ideal for different sports activities. A sipper bottle or one with nozzle will come in handy while working and you don’t have to stop and take off the lid. Also, you won’t be spilling water.
7. Design You Prefer: Apart from the features and functionality, an appealing design will also encourage you to keep the bottle with you and stay hydrated. There are many colors, shapes, and sizes available on the market that you can choose as per your personal preferences and lifestyle.
8. Durability: Most fitness activities are demanding and you may not have that much time to handle that glass or plastic bottle as they aren’t much durable. Choose one that will be your long time companion and there could be nothing better than a stainless steel water bottle or a thermos bottle.
Now that you know what kind of water bottle will perfectly suit your needs, you can pick the best for you. However, keep in mind that material plays an important role, and plastic is not considered a good option from a health and environmental point of view. Plastic may take hundreds of years to decompose and also include a harmful chemical called BPA.
A stainless steel water bottle with proper insulation and sipper will come in handy while you hit the gym.
Wrapping It Up
Though there are a plethora of water bottles available out there, our pick for the best water bottle for the workouts is a good-quality stainless steel bottle. A stainless steel water bottle or an insulated flask can help you stay hydrated while hitting the gym without harming the environment.
Whatever your workout routine, the right water bottle can make all the difference.