March is the month when the world celebrates Women’s day, although, we know women should be celebrated all the time. At times when things have been pretty hard for all of us due to pandemic, going out to have some fun seems to be a lousy idea. If there’s anything more special than going out for lunch or dinner, it is you cooking a meal at home, and serving it to your favorite women at home.
You can make delicious food and create the same restaurant-like ambiance at home. Whether you want to do something special for your mother, sister, daughter, wife, friend, or colleague, there are plenty of ways to bring that perfect smile to their faces. You can consider the quick recipes and even use a hot case or an insulated casserole to keep the meal fresh for a few hours straight.
There are many dishes that you can cook at home to make this women’s day special and impress your lady. Even a simple recipe can make them happy especially when they always make food for all the family members.
10 Quick and Nutritious Recipes to Make at Home
Here we’ve discussed 10 simple but delicious dishes that you can cook at home and celebrate women’s day in style –
- Butter Milk Banana Bread: Banana bread is often liked by everyone and extremely simple recipe that you can make at home. Though there’s is that term bread, it doesn’t have to have any yeast to it. Make it the way you want and garnish it with your lady’s favorite toppings and serve from exquisite serveware like a professional.
- Instant Chocolate Cake: Chocolate cake is one such thing you can never go wrong with and what’s a better way to celebrate Women’s Day than a delicious cake. Chocolate is a woman’s best friend and you can make it in just 30 minutes. This will make for a great dessert, after a carefully cooked one-pot meal served from an insulated casserole.
- Chocolate Covered Fortune Cookies: You don’t have to go out for fortune cookies when you can easily make them at home. Again, chocolate is what you can’t go wrong with and what could be better than chocolate-covered fortune cookies. Put a sweet message for your lady in them and see the reaction.
- Make an Appetizer: Something as simple as an appetizer before the wholesome meal can make your lady fall in love with you. Some of the great appetizer ideas include salads, cocktails, soups, chips, dips, fruit trays, cheese, seafood, etc. You can use the available ingredients to make any kind of appetizer. Make sure to make it fancy by choosing a serving bowl that is classy!
- Pasta: If your lady loves Italian food, there nothing that can beat fresh pasta and you can easily make it at home. Whole-grain pasta can be a healthier choice and you can add fresh vegetables to make it tastier. There are many different types of pasta and you can add ingredients like meat, veggies, cheese, cream, pepper flakes, etc. Warm pasta served from an insulated casserole can make all the difference, and make the meal more special than it already is.
- Poached Egg and Avocado Toast: What’s better than egg and avocado for that breakfast on the bed for your lady. Avocado toast is all the rage and adding egg into it will take your dish to a whole new level. It is packed with all the healthy nutrients and sprinkle some parmesan cheese and fresh herbs to accentuate the taste. Serve the egg from a casserole, one that would keep it fresh and warm until it is time to serve.
- Hot Quinoa Cereal: Quinoa dishes are an all-time favorite and one of the healthiest choices you can make for your eating habits. Use quinoa flakes and cook them in your preferred milk. Garnish with some dried berries, nut butter, nuts, seeds, and fresh fruit. This is a simple but delicious and nutritious dish you can make at home. If you want to serve the cereal warm, make sure to transfer it to a hot case as soon as it is cooked!
- Baked Lemon-Butter Chicken: If you’re looking for easy chicken dinner recipes, a lemon-butter chicken can be your perfect choice. This quick protein option coated in a butter and herb sauce and roasted to perfection can make your day special. The baked chicken comes out juicy and delicious every time. Serve it warm from a casserole, and you can enjoy the warmth and flavour of the dish cooked.
- Smoked Paprika Potato Chips: It is not just about the wholesome meals but you can also make some snacks to enjoy with tea or coffee. Think about trying smoked potato chips and tossing the russet slices in a mixture of salt, pepper, olive oil, and paprika before baking. It is a simple but delicious dish that you can make instantly.
- Grilled Mexican-Style Corn: If your lady loves Mexican food, try grilled street-style corn and it is as simple as making tea or coffee. All you have to do is grill the corn to perfection and give it a swap of butter for that juicy yet tangy flavor. Sprinkle some herbs to twist it and you can use cheese for this.
Cooking at home gives you complete freedom to try new ingredients and make food as per your choice. Keep it easy but delicious and nutritious this Women’s Day!