Food forms an important part of our memories because there are a lot of things that remind us of our childhood. Sometimes even the smallest things take us back to those wonderful days when we used to enjoy every moment with no worries at all. Some foods remind us of a specific memory and having a bite of that food can stir a plethora of emotions.
When we talk about our childhood food, it’s no surprise that many of the classic meals tend to be simple ones. Some of us even used to have our beloved food in a colorful serving casserole and beautiful cutlery. Though we know that vegetables are good for our health most of our childhood food wasn’t made of veggies.
If you still get excited with just a sight of the food you used to enjoy during your childhood, it’s time to go back and bring some memories up. Nothing can beat the thrill of finding something that you used to love when you were a kid.
Here’s the list of some foods that would remind you of childhood and feel like a kid again…
1 Cotton Candy: If we have to start with something interesting, cotton candy would be our first choice as this is something every kid likes. The colorful and light-as-cloud candy floss is used to light up every kid’s mood wherever they spot it. The best part about it was that we could enjoy so many of them without worry about anything. Can you still resist cotton candy?
2. Jellies: Jellies are an all-time favorite regardless of which generation we belong to as this sweet delicacy was colorful and sweet like honey. This sweetened and flavored food can be enjoyed throughout the year and also fairly easy to prepare. This could be the reason why jellies were so popular during our childhood and even today. Do you love this forever favorite flavor?
3. Muffin Pizzas: Back in the day, English muffin pizzas used to be our favorite after-school snack as it was topped with sauce, cheese, and other toppings. Who could resist the golden and bubbly muffin pizzas baked with all the delicious flavors? Even today, most kids prefer pizza over anything due to its tangy taste. Are you a pizza lover?
4. Spaghetti Pie: There probably aren’t too many kids who would say no to noodles and red sauces and when these two favorite ingredients come together, they form a delicious spaghetti pie. The fun-shaped slice of a pie was everyone’s favourite food during those growing years and even today most kids love to have pies. Do you still like spaghetti pie?
5. Pancakes: Pancakes have always been a favorite food for hearty appetites and they form an important food of everyone’s childhood. This thin and round, flat cake prepared from a starch-based batter contained everything that a kid would love such as eggs, milk, and butter. Who could resist such deliciousness? Can you?
6. Cheese Sandwiches: Grilled cheese is probably the most favorite food among elementary school kids as it contains two of their favorite ingredients: bread and cheese. Most of us enjoyed tasty sandwiches during our childhood days and even today they are everyone’s favorite. Would you love to go with a go-to grilled cheese recipes?
7. Burgers: Burgers are an all-time favorite whether it is our childhood or adulthood as nobody dislikes the tender juicy taste of a burger. Whether you used to enjoy a vegetarian or non-vegetarian burger, it used to be every kid’s beloved food. It can either be pan fried, grilled, smoked, or flame-broiled. Are you still in love with burgers?
8. Ice Candy: Most of us used to enjoy ice candies a lot during our childhood as they were available in a lot of colors and flavors. Ice candies were oh-so refreshing that every kid must have tried them in the scorching summers. Some parents used to treat their kids with ice candies for behaving well. Would you prefer having an ice candy even today?
9. French Fries: When it comes to having something delicious instantly, we used to love French fried and even today most of us love to have them. French fries form an important part of our childhood food as they are ridiculously addictive and oh-so-tasty. Though anything deep fried is not considered healthy options kids don’t worry about it. Do you like French fries?
10. Creamy Rice Pudding: From those colorful ice cones to creamy rice pudding, our childhood was full of deliciousness. A lot of us could imagine that savory and creamy rice mixed with lime zest and some sweetener. This was a favorite food for many of us as anything can be mixed to it such as chocolate sprinkles, shredded coconut, dried fruit, etc. Would you like it?
Though these were the top childhood foods you can enjoy all of them even today. Some of these recipes may require you to invest in a good quality hot case or casserole to keep the food warm. Also, it will be a great idea to prepare these recipes for your kids and tell them your childhood memories.
These recipes often remind us of the days of those school trips and lunches with our buddies. Though time travel hasn’t been invented yet, we can prepare our favorite childhood food and enjoy it with our loved ones. There’s nothing more comforting than having the food that we used to enjoy when we were kids as it rejuvenates most of us after a long day at the office.
Drop all the stress and think about your favorite food that you used to enjoy during your childhood. Head towards the kitchen to make and enjoy that all-time classic food you grew up with. By preparing this food you will not only travel back to your childhood but this will also satisfy the kid inside you.
Are you ready to live your childhood again?