The 21st century is one of the most important eras of our existence as a species. The entire world seems to be on a tipping point at the moment, especially as far as the environment is concerned. Never before has humanity had so much influence over the fate of the world at large as it does right this moment. Our reliance on the fossil fuels industry and the plastic energy has pushed the world to the edge of an environmental disaster in the form of manmade climate change.
There are only a few real ways to combat this disaster, and taking individual responsibility for your environmental footprint comes first. Both are equally important and need to be executed in order for the world to bypass its current crisis.
There are lots of options available for people to reduce their carbon footprint and improve their relationship with the environment. The easiest way is to harness your purchasing power and make sure you are only investing in reusable, environmentally friendly products. One easy and simple way to do this is to begin purchasing
Why not Plastic?
Stainless steel containers are a thousand times more environmentally friendly than plastic containers could ever hope to be. Plastic is not a renewable resource, is not biodegradable, only nine percent is recyclable, and can be toxic to the human body. Generally speaking, plastic which is not BPA-free is an inferior product for handling food of any kind; this is especially true if you’re trying to handle food in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Stainless steel food storage containers on the other hand have lots of benefits that make them the best devices for storing your food:
- Stainless steel is stainless. Plastic containers will stain or become discolored with use. Steel containers always look fresh and clean. Also, steel jars are easier to clean.
- Stainless steel is very hardy and durable meaning you won’t have to replace it nearly as much as plastic. You buy a stainless-steel kitchen storage jar and you are all set for years to come!
- Steel is a naturally hygienic material; it does not culture bacteria or transfer odors like plastic does.
- Stainless steel jars can be insulated, meaning it regulates the temperature of your food which saves energy over time. This also means you can carry your hot pakoras for snacking while it is raining and still enjoy them hot. Also, your nuts and crisps all remain crisp and fresh in an insulated food jar, just the way you like to devour them!
- Stainless steel is recyclable. If you have to throw away your stainless-steel food container for some reason, it can always be reused, no matter how damaged it is. The majority of plastic cannot be recycled at all.
With many benefits, including the safety of your health, stainless steel jars are your best bet, both for your kitchen and for your meal carriers while you are on the go. Go on, invest in an insulated stainless-steel jar, one that is trendy and is functional too!