Staying hydrated is important for all of us and it is an easy trick to keep us healthy. However, we often forget to take a few sips, that is, of course a bad habit. So, what could be the possible solution to stay hydrated? What can you do to make it a habit of drinking water? There’s no denying the benefits of a reusable water bottle and it can be a perfect solution to take care of your body.
To help you with choosing that perfect water bottle, we have compared stainless steel, glass, and plastic bottles…
1. Stainless Steel Water Bottles
Made from culinary-grade stainless steel, these bottles come in a wide variety of sizes, shapes, and colors. These bottles last longer than glass or plastic as they are corrosion resistant and best of all do not leach chemicals when exposed to heat. Though stainless steel is a bit expensive than other materials like glass or plastic, they are energy-intensive. Also, stainless steel is a hundred percent recyclable and can be used for a longer period.
The high-quality stainless steel has a longer lifespan that is not the case with glass or plastic bottles as they break more easily. Also, vacuum insulated water bottles or flasks are incredibly useful as you can keep your beverages at the desired temperature.
Here are a few advantages of stainless steel insulated sipper bottle…
- Easy to carry and flexible handle
- Most flasks come with a wide mouth for easy loading, drinking and cleaning.
- Stainles steel flasks can keep water cold or hot up to 24 hours.
- Flasks with larger capacity need fewer refills.
- The surgical-grade stainless steel is BPA-free and chemical-free.
- Most stainless-steel flasks are available with food-grade stainless steel exterior.
- Safe and healthy material for storing hot beverages when the bottle is insulated.
- Bottles with double-walled insulation keep your beverages warm for extended periods.
- Food-grade stainless steel is safe to use for the storage and cooking of food.
- Most insulated stainless steel bottles are 18/8 or 304 food-grade quality material and tested to not contain residual metals.
- An insulated water bottle is eco-friendly and can be used for an extended period.
2. Glass Water Bottles
Aside from being easy to clean and cost-effective, there are numerous benefits that you can enjoy by investing in glass water bottles. It’s no secret that plastic adds to the waste and ends up in landfills but this is not the case with glass. Also, there is some sort of chemical present in plastic while the glass ones are free from such harmful chemicals making them an eco-friendly option.
Water bottles that are made of glass come with a pretty sleek design and you can carry them with you everywhere you go. Besides being aesthetically appealing, glass bottles are a lot safer for you as they are generally BPA-free and don’t leach chemicals when left in direct sunlight or heat.
Here are a few advantages of using a glass water thermos bottle…
- Glass does not have any bad impact on the environment.
- These bottles are safer to drink from as no chemicals are used.
- Water from glass bottles tastes better as there’s no metal taste involved.
Here are a few disadvantages of glass water bottles…
- Glass water bottles are high maintenance and need to be handled with care at all times – while using, cleaning and carrying.
3. Plastic Water Bottles
Plastic water bottles are an inexpensive alternative to stainless steel and glass bottles and come in a huge variety of colors, and sizes. Plastic is light and that’s why often used to pack different types of beverages. However, it may not be the most eco-friendly solution available as compared to glass and stainless steel. Plastic is filling up landfills and takes hundreds of years to decompose.
Plastic bottles are portable and reusable but may not have that much lifespan as stainless steel bottles. However, you cannot keep them in direct sunlight or heat for an extended time as they may attract some sort of chemicals or smell.
- Plastic bottles are disposable and portable.
- Plastic is an inexpensive alternative to other kinds of materials.
- Plastic is not considered safe as it may have some chemical uptake.
- Plastic may take hundreds of years to decompose and, therefore, not an environment-friendly option.
Now that you know the pros and cons of stainless steel, glass, and plastic bottles, you can pick what’s best for you.
So, what’s the best: stainless steel vs glass vs plastic
Though it depends on your personal preferences, lifestyle, and requirements that what kind of bottle you want, investing in something durable and eco-friendly is always great. You can either choose stainless steel water bottle or a high-quality sipper bottle or flask as they are considered to be the most environment-friendly materials.
However, plastic is also available in many different forms and qualities, the material does not decompose easily that may harm the surroundings. An insulated water bottle can be the best option whether you want it for your home or workplace or both. You can also choose from different sizes and colors available as per your specific needs.
The Bottom Line
Water bottles are an everyday necessity as they come in handy at times when we need water the most. Whether you are shopping, traveling, or working hard to achieve your dream, having a water bottle with you will help stay hydrated. While we’ve discussed a multitude of options but investing in a good insulated water bottle will be a great idea. These bottles are not only efficient but also reusable so that you can contribute to the environment.
Adequate hydration is crucial for good health and investing in a good quality water bottle will ensure that you always have water on hand while you’re busy in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Whatever water bottle you choose, it should go with your specific requirements and lifestyle.