Most of us drink water when we are thirsty, just like a chore. We don’t realize that by the time we are thirsty, we are already dehydrated! Drinking water somehow fails to hit the priority list of a majority of people. When you are hydrated well, you will see pleasant changes like glowing skin, increased immunity level, fewer stress levels, better digestion, and fewer headaches too. One way to tell if you are drinking enough water is by the number of times you are visiting the restroom. If it is seldom, then you are probably dehydrated!
There are some simple tricks to ensure you drink enough water in a day –
- Carry your own water bottle – Make it a ritual to carry your bottle to work or when you head out. You could then take incremental sips throughout the day.
- Fill the bottle as soon as you empty it, a full bottle is an inspiration to drink more. While you are at it, invest in an insulated water bottle or a thermos flask that you can use to carry a beverage of your choice.
- Ensure you start your day with a glass of water. This way you have a head start and can plan how you can make it a well hydrated day.
- Carry a filled water bottle with you while you drive, even if it is a short distance. Buy a flask that will comfortably fit in your car door slots. This will allow you to take a few sips every time you are stuck in traffic, which is going to be often.
- Jazz up your Drinks – If you are bored of sipping water all the time, you can bring in some flavour by infusing a lemon, watermelon or lime to it. Additionally, adding herbs, mint or even ginger to this infusion will jazz it up a little.
- Set reminders or alerts on your phone so you periodically guzzle water through the day.
- Make simple rules like taking sips of water from your flask every time you get out of your seat or drinking some after you’ve visited the restroom.
If you have been reaching out for coffee or tea frequently because you feel tired or sluggish all the time, it could be because you are not drinking the right amount of water. The benefits of staying hydrated are never ending, and that is why you must carry a stainless steel water bottle with you, at all times! To make this all the more interesting, invest in one that you like, so you would have more reasons to carry it along. The trendy and highly functional flask range from Vaya Drynk is designed for everyday use. Slim, trendy and insulated, the water bottle also comes with a wide mouth for easy loading and cleaning!